The local scientist also has official tasks in Reykjavik, and we persuade him that he is needed there. Then we ask if we can hire a boat to Sneffels. But all boats are away fishing! We will have to walk!

We have to reach Sneffels by the end of July, to see the shadow in the right place. Should we wait in case a boat appears? Or find a local guide and start walking, and hope we make it in time? Or do something else?