Finally we are in the crater of the Sneffels volcano! There are three possible entrances. Arne Saknussemm wrote that mount Scartaris will cast a shadow on the correct one at the end of July.
But the next day is cloudy. Every day is the same: no sun, so no shadow! The end of July will be gone soon, and we're just sitting here eating our supplies! Should we wait until the last possible moment, and watch our supplies go down even further? Or estimate where the sun should be, and work out the shadow and the cave from that? Or do something else?